About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Why So Sneaky?

sneaky (adj.): marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed

I started calling our eldest daughter 'sneaky' when she was into everything as a young toddler. When we would play peek-a-boo, I would ask where my sneaky little girl was. When she would do something super silly, we would call her very, very sneaky. She loved it and would erupt in giggles at hearing her title.

Of course, when our youngest daughter was born, she became a sneaky baby. 'Sneaky' quickly became one of her first words. She would toddle around the house saying, "Snea-ky! I vewy, vewy snea-ky!"

'Sneaky' has become one of our favorite words.

About a year ago, I was trying to come up with a unique name for my new blog. My oldest came up to me and said, "Sneaky mommy! Are you on the 'puter?" The light bulb came on, the keys clackety-clacked, blogger approved and Sneaky Momma was born.

As far as the spelling of "Momma", that's how we spell my mother's name. It was never spelled 'mama', always 'momma'. When we say her name, we put the emphasis on the Mom part. It sounds more like Mom-a than mama. I decided to honor her in my own small way by naming my blog (which is primarily about my life as a mother) after her.

So there you have it. Why I am not only a sneaky momma, but according to my children a very, very sneaky momma!

0 comments: