About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

The Design Process

I am not accepting orders from new customers at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. For a HUGE list of blog designers, please click here. For help in choosing a designer, check out this tip.

1. Take a look through my portfolio to get a feel for what I can do. Read through my FAQ/Policy section to make sure that I am the right designer for you.

2. Browse through my packages and odds and ends section to get an idea of what you would like to order. If you can't find what you're looking for, let me know exactly what your needs are and I will let you know if I can deliver.

3. Choose a design kit and/or istock image. If you have a specific look in mind that you're having trouble finding images for, let me know and I will help you. I can use istock images at the rate of $1.65/credit. Often a small sized image will be large enough for a header.

4. Send me a detailed list of everything that you would like to order. Include the url (web address) of the design kit/istock image that you would like to use.

5. I will send you a reply within 72 hours. In my response, I will include a quote as well as an estimated start date and deposit information.

6. Once I receive your deposit, I will send you a design worksheet to fill out. Your design worksheet and final payment will be due four days prior to your start date unless I tell you otherwise.

7. On the afternoon of your start date, you will be sent a link to a test blog where you can watch my progress. I often start with the header first. Once the header is approved, I will work on the rest of your blog.

8. The design process takes 1-4 days. The time frame needed to complete your order will depend upon several factors, including the complexity of the design, the size of the order, my personal schedule, how often you are able to reply to my emails, and how thorough and detailed you are in your feedback.

9. After you have approved the test blog, we will settle up regarding anything that you may have added to your order. I will load the makeover onto your real blog once I have been paid in full.

10. Once your makeover is installed, you will be given a one-time opportunity to make changes. We shouldn't have to make many changes, since you will approve every step of the makeover on the test blog.

That's it! Easy peasy!

0 comments: