Have you ever wanted to take a picture of what you see on your computer screen? Maybe you're hosting a giveaway and would like to take a picture of the number chosen from Random.org, or maybe you would simply like to take a picture of your blog without all the interference that comes with taking a picture of your computer with your camera. Whatever your reason, I'm going to show you how to do this by taking a screen shot, similar to the image above.
Here's what you do:
1. Get your screen looking exactly as you would like it.
2. Press the Print Screen key (located on the top right side of your keyboard- usually abbreviated Prnt Scrn or Prt Sc).
3. Open a new workspace in Paint. (File-->New)
4. While in this new workspace, go to edit and click on paste.
5. Edit to your liking and save (I like to save as a .png. I think it looks better when I upload the image onto Blogger. )
If you only want to copy the top window:
1. Click within the window that you want to copy.
2. Press Alt + Print Screen.
3. Follow steps 3-5 above.
If you have a laptop, you will most likely have to press the Fn key along with the Prt Sc button to make it work. Since I have a laptop, I have to hit fn+alt+prt sc at the same time to take a screen shot.