Why should I show my email address on my profile?
For starters, a lot of people prefer to respond to comments through email. For those of you looking for friendship, enabling your email is the way to go. You can get to know people a lot better through short emails than by commenting back and forth. It is also a lot easier to answer questions in an email than in one's comment section. Also, someone may ask you a question that you would like to respond to that you would rather answer privately.
Isn't sharing your email address on your profile unsafe?
It is if you use an email address that reveals your personal information! I would suggest creating a new (free!) Yahoo/Gmail email address. This will ensure privacy, as well as separate your comments from the rest of your email. Ex: I have an email address specifically set up for blog correspondence. My real name is not attached to this email address anywhere. All things blog related go to and from this email address. Makes life a whole lot simpler, especially when you're dealing with a lot of comments.
How do I show my email address on my profile?
1. Go to dashboard-->edit profile.
2. Scroll down until you see 'Email Address' under the 'Identity' heading. Refer to the area circled in red above. Enter in your blog correspondence email address. Notice that this will not change the address you log in as, it will simple be the email address that bloggers will be able to contact you at.
3. Scroll back up and check the box next to 'Show my email address' (circled in blue).
What on earth are you talking about??? Tell me again why I should do this. I don't get it!
Check out this comment from Jenners in my inbox. Notice the "from" field (circled in red). It lists the person's name and shows their email address, if they have selected 'Show my email address' in their profile. Then you can simply hit reply (circled in orange) to respond to that comment as an email. Pretty cool, huh? If they have not elected to show their email address in their profile, then their email address is shown as email@example.com. Replies sent to this email address do not go to their intended recipient.
How can I get my comments delivered to my email inbox?
1. Go to dashboard-->settings-->comments.
2. Scroll all the way down to the bottom to where it says 'Comment Notification Email'.
3. Enter your blog correspondence email address in the box.
4. Click on Save Settings.
Enjoy the blogging world as you never have before!
*Feel free to link back to this post. I won't mind one bit. :)
*Special thanks to Jenners over at Life with a Little One and More for letting me use her email for demonstration! :)
Build a Friendly Following
Put Tweets On Your Blog