About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Removing Minima Separators-Intermediate

There are a few things that come standard in a minima template that used to drive me crazy:
  1. The dotted line that separates widgets in the sidebar.
  2. The dotted line that separates posts.
  3. The lines around the header section.
I was grateful for these things back when I didn't have a clue how to create my own post/widget separators and header. Didn't take long before I searched for and succeeded at finding a way to get rid of them. Luckily, this is REALLY simple!


How to remove the widget separator in sidebars:
Find the 'Sidebar Content' section in the HTML of your blog.
Refer to the image above and change the 1px (circled in red) to 0px.
Preview and save.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove the post separator:
Find the 'Posts' section in the HTML of your blog.
Refer to the image above and change the 1px (circled in red) to 0px.
Preview and save.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove the lines around the header:
Find the 'Header' section in the HTML of your blog.
Refer to the image above and change the 1px (circled in red in two different places) to 0px.
Preview and save.

Nothing to it!

19 comments:

Jenilee said...

LOVE this! I actually just figured out how to remove those annoying lines on my sidebars... now, how do you add in a picture or detail between posts or cute little things on the sidebar? Is it as simple as creating something, getting a url for it through photobucket and adding the url in that same spot? hopefully, that made sense! :)

Kelli said...

Those little lines between the widgets have been bothering me for a while...who knew it was so easy to fix! Thanks for the great tutorial!

Michelle said...

I love your blog and gave you an award! Come see! A Little Tipsy Michelle

Farmgirl Paints said...

Thank you so much once again. It looks so much better and was super easy. Seriously what did I do without you!!

Foursons said...

I gave you an award, check it out on my blog!

Amanda said...

I love your blog! I wrote a post about it on my blog - http://tinyurl.com/l45urt

You are a doing a great service!

Unknown Mami said...

Thank you so much for this blog. I just started blogging and I'm trying to figure things out. This is very helpful.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Jill I just wanted to let you know I mentioned you on my blog today. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Emmy said...

Thanks so much! I just found your blog and love it! I will be coming back here a lot as I am itching to do an overhaul on my blog. Thanks!!

Michelle said...

One of these days I am going to sit down and read all of your fabulous tips!

ZaftigDelights said...

Thank you for such fabulous tips!! It really helps. :o)

Sandie
http://zaftigdelights.blogspot.com

Susie Jefferson said...

This tip was so helpful - those lines in the sidebar annoy me to death! Thank you so much.

Harvey said...

thanks!

Tammy said...

What an easy tip! Thanks so much for sharing.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Sneaky Momma, I just want to say I'm blowing up your website lately. You make the tips so easy to follow! Day by day my blog is changing to the cleaner better more professional side!

Aaaand, just so you know, I've featured you today!

Thanks so much for the easy as pie tips! I'm thrilled and I know my readers will be too!

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/09/playing-with-blogger-layouts.html

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors
signmakergirl@hotmail.com

Kari @ p.s. love.love. said...

Thanks for the tips! I couldn't stand those lines :o)

Kacey said...

Thank you! This is awesome.

Angela Bowron said...

this worked! thank you so much! no more pesky lines!

Linda said...

This is not working for me. I've changed the code to "0px" but still have the lines between my sidebar gadgets. Any idea why it's not working?