About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Spacing- Intermediate

Ever wish you could add a space above or below an HTML gadget in your sidebar?

All you have to do is add "& nbsp;" before or after the code. (I added a space between the "&" and the "nbsp;" to get it to show up in this post. You will need to delete the space in order for it to work. I have circled it in red in the image below, so that you can see the way it's supposed to look.)

I have discovered that it's easier for me to combine html widgets by using a space. I like to combine related codes into one gadget to free up room on my 'page layout' page. For example, the button grab widget in my sidebar looks like this:



Notice how I put my button and grab box in the same gadget? I separated the codes with a space, which is circled in red in the image above. Easy peasy.

Have fun uncluttering your sidebars! :)

10 comments:

Drahdrah said...

Thanks for another great lesson ! Happy Tuesday !

Beverly said...

I love all yout tips! thank you!

The Leons said...

just what i've been looking for!

Jenners said...

I did want to know how to do this and now I can! Thanks! I'll be putting this to good use soon!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I totally needed this? Why doesn't
work? It works once and then when I reopen the html box the
goes away and have to add it again? What is it about that??

Sharon said...

Thanks for all the great info! This is a terrific site that was recommended to me by Amanda at Beautiful Blog Design.

I appreciate all your help!

Becca said...

Jill, Do you have "how to add pay pay to a blog"? If not can you tell us?
Becca frontdoorjunkin@q.com

Gina said...

I have a problem that I'm sure is easy to fix but I can't FIGURE IT OUT! I have a space in my left sidebar above my gadgets. How can I get rid of that? I'm sure it relates to width editing, but I've played around with it and its not changing. Any ideas?

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hey Gina! Looks to me like you have an invisible gadget or two at the top of your sidebar. Go to your layout page and see if the topmost gadget in the left column is the Subscribe gadget. If it's not, click and drag the gadgets that are above it to the bottom of your sidebar, so that they will be better hidden. Hope that solves your problem!

Gina said...

You are AWESOME! I took out the "ad sense" ads that were causing the problem. I tried dragging them below the other gadgets but can't get that to work (yet), but I'll play around with it some.

Thank you so much! And thanks for commenting on my lemon cake recipe!