There are several ways to add a photo to a post. In this tip, I am going to discuss how to upload pictures from your computer using Blogger's photo uploading tool, as well as show you how to move the images once you get them in your post. Click here to learn how to get pictures from the web.
To upload pics from your computer via Blogger's photo uploading tool:
1. Open a post on your 'edit posts' page or create a new one.
2. Click on the little photo icon (circled in red below).
3. Click on 'browse' and find the picture that you wish to add to your post.
4. Select the size that you would like the photo to be, as well as the alignment (left, right, center)
5. Click on 'upload'. When it is finished uploading, click on 'done'.
6. Your picture will appear at the top of your post. To move it, simply click on it and drag it to where ever you want it to be.
There is another way to move photos within a post, but it requires you to dive into the html of it. You must be cautious anytime you mess with html, as you could lose all or part of your post if you make a mistake. I would seriously consider copying the post and pasting it into a blank Word document as a backup before you begin, especially if you're not familiar with html.
To move a photo in 'edit HTML' mode:
1. While editing/composing your post, click on 'edit html'.
2. Find the code for your photo. If you used Blogger's uploading tool, it be 5-8 lines of code and will begin with <a> onblur and end with </a>, similar to the image below. My info has been blacked out. :)
3. Highlight and copy the whole code.
4. Scroll to where you would like the photo to be. Click and paste the code into the html of the post.
5. Click preview. If your photo is where you would like it, click on 'compose' and delete the extra photo by clicking on it and pressing the delete key. I would advise against erasing the HTML characters, as you do not want to risk deleting anything else. If the photo is not where you would like it to be, delete the photo and try again.
Hope this helps! :)