One thing that really bothered me as a beginning blogger was how I would write a post, hitting enter to put lovely spaces in between all of my paragraphs, only to hit publish and see half of them all scrunched up together.
I would spend the next half hour, trying to figure it all out. I would have limited success, but never knew what I had done to make the spacing look the way I wanted it to. I tried clicking on dashboard-->settings-->formatting and changing to yes or no in the 'convert line breaks' box. I just couldn't get it.
It drove me batty!
I finally figured out a solution to my problem. I started writing my posts in the Microsoft Works word processor program on my computer and pasting them into a new post. Here's how:
- Write your post in Microsoft Works (or Word), making sure to include the spaces in between paragraphs exactly where you would like them.
- Highlight and copy it (ctrl + c).
- Open a new post.
- Click on the Edit HTML tab and paste the post into it (ctrl + v).
- Click on 'Compose'.
- Add your links, color changes, and photos if desired. Click here for info on how to move photos from the top of the post.
- Preview. If you like what you see, click save.
- Voila! Spaces where they should be!
When I was a beginner, I did it the word processor way in order to make sure I didn't delete anything within my posts that I didn't want to. I would suggest that anyone who is intimidated by HTML to simply follow the numbered directions above for stress-free, perfectly spaced posts. :)