About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

About

My name is Jill....and I'm a blogaholic!

I created my first blog in 2007 in order to record the events and photos of my growing family. It didn’t take long before I wanted to make my blog better. One quick look at the price of a makeover by a professional blog designer revealed that if I wanted my blog to have a facelift, I would have to learn how to do it myself.

After countless internet searches and HUNDREDS of hours of practice, I gave myself my first three-column makeover. Several people commented on it and asked how I added a third column. Rather than give them the 3-4 links that I combined info from in order to figure it out for myself, I decided to write a easier-to-understand post detailing how I did it. So many people were helped by this tip that I created another post to help others add a grab box for their buttons.

Pretty soon I was cranking out a tip a week and decided that my tips needed their own space. Out of that need, Sneaky Momma Blog Design was born!

I am not an HTML expert by any means. I am simply a self-taught blog designer who wishes to make the blogging world a better place by sharing my hard earned knowledge with others. Need help with your blog? Click here to visit my help section. 

Why Sneaky Momma?

sneaky (adj.): marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed

I started calling our girls 'sneaky' when they were into everything as a young toddlers. When we would play peek-a-boo, I would ask where my sneaky little girls were. They loved it and would erupt in giggles every time.

A couple of years ago, I was trying to come up with a unique name for my new blog. Our oldest daughter came up to me and said, "Sneaky mommy! Are you on the 'puter?" The light bulb came on, the keys clackety-clacked, Blogger approved and Sneaky Momma was born!

15 comments:

Beverly said...

love your blog and tips!

undomestic chica said...

Your tips have helped me greatly. Thank you.

Butterflygirlms Blog Designs (Heather) said...

Absolutely love the new look!!!

prerna said...

Hi Jill,

In honor of your completely awesome blog, here is an award for you. Please accept it at http://themomwrites.blogspot.com/2009/12/another-awardanother-guest-post.html

Susan Schmitt said...

Thank you, thank you. (and I haven't used a tip yet, just toured and read your tips)
 I recently had a web site built with a blog for my paintings and stories. And I love it, but it doesn't do all the things I really want to do so - Now I want a second blog that can have painting tutorials and other conversations. I decided I would design it myself and immediately had a problem doing the most simple thing like writing my profile and having it accepted without error message. I knew I needed real help, It's clear to me if the blog's tutorial does not make sense, likely the help section won't either. Then I found you, so I'll be here a lot looking for step by step guidance. Your button will certainly be added to my side bar when I launch.

barefoot mama said...

Your blogging tips are great! Do you ever let people pay you to create a button for them. My blog needs a button or badge ( whatever you call it:) I don't know how to make one:) Thanks, Barefoot mama

Rayyan's Mummy said...

love your blog! <3

Mrs. Poland said...

I so WISH you were accepting customers right now. Our tax refund came in and I wanted to spend a little bit on my blog. You have done so much to help us all out that I wanted to hire you. Hope you are back in business soon - when you are, please contact me.

Claudine from CondensedLoveHome said...

Hi, Jill!
Alison, from Stuff and Nonsense recommended your blog!
I am now following you and will be searching for tips (such as how to protect my images) often!
Thank you so much!
Claudine
condensedlovehome.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

I just found you through Donna GG's Creative Corner. Thank you so much for all the help you give so many. Blessings - xo Diana

Janet said...

Hi Jill

I just found your blog on GG's Creative Corner. Donna recommended it.

I followed your direction on how to put snow on my blog and how to center buttons on my sidebar. I am so excited. :)

Thank you for your tips.

Do you have a 'how-to' for making your own buttons? I may have missed it. I will look.

I think I may look a creating a header next. I have been wanting to get one done for my business blog. :)

I will sign up to follow you too.

Take care, Janet W
http://throughthewoods2.blogspot.com
http://bearcountryprimitives.blogspot.com

Jill said...

I'm new here and so thrilled to have been referred here by a friend. Thank YOU for doing all of this and for sharing it with people like me!

Deb Crecelius said...

Loving your blog tips!
I can't find if you have "helped" with this...
After I post, I have the option to put the post on Google+...
which I do.
My question...
on the Google+ post, the photo (which I've chosen to accompany the post)
displays in a small size.
Is there a way to have the photo show in a larger size?
I sometimes include the description
and sometimes remove it
before allowing the post on Google+.
Thanks!

Alex Smith said...

I followed your direction on how to put snow on my blog and how to center buttons on my sidebar. I am so excited. :)
Santa Clarita Senior Photography

ARAF karim said...

Your blog is very helpful. It helps me in many ways. Thank You very much to create this blog.

*All the best to sneaky momma.*