About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Sticky Posts

Have an important post that you'd like to remain on top of all of your other posts? This is called a sticky post because, well, it sticks in place. :)

There are a few ways to create a sticky post. I'm going to show you the easiest way I've found to do it. No need to do any more work than you have to!

To create a sticky post:

1. Create the post.

2. Publish the post. You must publish the post before proceeding in order to make this work.

3. Edit the post.


4. Click on 'Post Options' (above 'Publish Post'- circled in red above).If you are using the Updated Editor, you will need to then select "Scheduled at".

5. Change the date and the time of the post (underlined in green above) to a date and a time that reflect how long you would like for the post to remain at the top. If you want the post at the top indefinitely, change the year to one in the distant future, like I did in the example above (2013). :)

6. Click on 'Publish Post'.

Enjoy your sticky post! :)

*If you are just wanting to draw attention to a few sentences rather than a long post, I would consider creating an announcement instead.

For more help creating sticky posts, visit
Tips For New Bloggers

17 comments:

Jules said...

That's cool. Thanks

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Yesyesyes, I wanted to know how to do that! Thanks muchly once again!

Donna

Jennifer W. said...

Hmmm...I don't get it. Why is this useful, and are people able to see your subsequent posts? I'm not being rude, I just genuinely don't understand! :)
Jen

prerna said...

Oh, I love sticky posts.. Thanks for showing us how to get them!!
God Bless You!

Bonnie, Original Art Studio said...

Hey Jill: You continue to make life easier for all bloggers. Thanks!

Unknown Mami said...

Once again, thank you!

Jenners said...

I always wondered about this so thanks!!!!

Krista said...

I just found your blogs and I love them! Thank you so much for all your information and time!

Nativa said...

I don't have any need for a sticky post but this step is quite easy. I will try it and create something to 'sticky post' about!

kerrycharacters said...

As a new blogger I am delighted to have found your blog. I will be following it and trying out your suggestions. Thanks!

homeschoolceo said...

Fabulous! I've wondered how to do that. Thanks for the help :D

bj said...

hi, Jill,
My question is how do you CENTER your sticky post?
I want to add my Christmas countdown but it won't stay centered...It is to the left.
Many thanks....
bj
bjconklin@xanadoo.com

cosmeticjunction said...

this works on my home page only...whn i clik to older post buttons, the sticky post does not appears....

magda said...

Hey there. I like to read you blog because your voice rocks. I can hear you talking to me patiently and calmly when I am re-reading for the umteenth time. You are easy to understand and I can tell you never judge OR lose your patience with me, no matter how long it takes me to "get it". One day I hope to sit down with time and energy and make my blog rock with your help. Big Thanks for the inspiration and hope...maybe even ambition

magda said...

jill, i need you. i love all of your advice and easy to mange tips but i need the type of uninterrupted time and quiet that my life won't permit. how much will you charge me to just make my blog cute for me? i am sure many others would pay for the same. simple, but cute and personal still? my content and mood cannot be helped but at least it could be framed and fonted in a more adorable and compelling way. yes? no? hell no?

magda said...

oh sorry,
my email is ijonc@att.net
no hate mail please.
thanks

Kate said...

http://www.pragmaticmom.com/2012/05/google-pandapenguin-hates-mommy-bloggers/#comment-59482

I read that and learned I should have a "static anchor post". Sticky notes work, right? Oy, Jill, it's so complicated. I'd better not quit my day job!