About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Removing a Follower

A couple of weeks ago, I took a look at the followers list in my sidebar and was shocked to see a not-so-family-friendly image staring back at me. I immediately started looking to see if there was a way to remove the photo (and the follower) from my blog. Thankfully, there is!

I learned that you can block offending followers from receiving your blog posts on their dashboard via Google Friend Connect. Unfortunately, you can't completely block a person from viewing your blog. They can still visit by entering in your url (web address) directly or they can subscribe through another reader.

How to block a Google Friend Connect follower

1. Log into your blog and go to your dashboard.

2. Click on #Followers beside the title of your blog.


3. Find and click on the offensive follower's photo.

4. Click on 'Block this user'.


5. Click on 'Block'.

Bye bye offending follower! :)

I created another blogger account to show you how to do this. Just in case you were wondering, the coffee photo is mine.

My advice to you: Take a look at your followers list every now and then so that you will be aware of what your readers are seeing when they visit your blog. I hope you don't ever have this problem, but if you do, hopefully you'll catch it earlier than I did!

Related Posts:
Image Protection: Resize Your Photos!
Image Protection: Watermarks
Disable Right-Clicking

Have you been helped by my tips? 
Consider grabbing my button or adding this blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this tip with your readers?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN 
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts.
I work hard on my tips and and wish for everything to remain on this blog. 
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

9 comments:

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I just googled how to block a follower in GFC and this was the first result I got. Followed your instructions and worked perfectly. Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!

shopgirl said...

Thank you so much for this post. I continuously get unwanted R rated users. I can't understand why. Thank you again for your helpful blog.

Cheers! Happy Holidays! Reese

Heather said...

Thank you!!!!

Larissa said...

I found another gross picture in my google widget (really? this is what we've come to?) and I'd forgotten how to block followers. So I googled and found your helpful page! Thanks for posting this! Think I'll bookmark you, looks like lots of useful blogging tips here!

Donna said...

Thank you so much for the easy to follow and very successful instructions! I had been trying to find this on Google and Blogger with no success, but so easy with your help.

Thank you very much!

Have a great weekend!
Donna

سلوى said...

thank you it so helpful

Ash Ti said...

heyyy
i have a problem here , when i open the followers tab that you have mentioned it does not show any followers at all! but if i view my blog i can see the followers so how can i remove it??
what to do ??
desperately need help

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Ash Ti! Google keeps changing stuff. I can hardly keep up! To block a follower, go to the homepage of your blog and find the followers gadget. Click on options (below your name, above the photos). Click on manage members. Find the person you want to block and click on their photo. Click on block this user. Hope that helps! :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for this tip. I knew there was a way, but couldn't find it. You made it easy! Thanks again...Sarah