About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

HTML Gadget Title Issues


I recently tried to add a html gadget to my sidebar. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I could not save the gadget without adding a title. Leaving the title field empty is a must when it comes to many of my html gadgets, like navigation bars and custom sidebar titles.

I don't know if this is just a glitch that Blogger will fix or if this quirk is here to stay. The good thing is that there is a way around it.


Simply type <h2></h2> in the title field as a place holder, as shown in the image above. You will be able to save the gadget and the characters will not show up on your blog. The one thing that stinks (aside from having to do this in the first place) is that you'll have to do this EVERY TIME you open the gadget. Small price to pay to have a title free gadget, I guess!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts. I work hard on my tips and wish for everything to remain on this blog. Want to share this tip with your readers? Feel free to link to this post: http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2010/06/html-gadget-titles.html Thanks! :)

0 comments: