Did you know that you can add recurring words to your posts? The copyright blurb at the bottom of my recent posts was added this way. It appears automatically every time I write something new. It's already built in, so all I have to do is change the link and I'm done!
This is an intermediate tip. There is no risk to your template, but it can be quite nerve wracking to get everything 'just so'.
How to add recurring words to your posts:
1. Figure out what you want to put in every post.
2. Open a new post in compose mode. Write the words that you would like to automatically appear every time you write something new. Do not put anything else in the post.
3. Delete the spacing above and below the wording. Preview and make sure it looks like you want it to.
4. Click on the edit html tab (under pink arrow below) and copy the entire code that appears in the big box:
5. Go to the formatting section of your blog. (dashboard-->settings-->formatting)
6. Scroll all the way down to the Post Template section.
7. Paste the code from step 4 into the box and save. If your signature code is already in this box, you will need to choose whether you want your new words above or below your signature. Then paste the new code in the desired place. Use <p> and <br> to help with spacing.
8. Check your work.
To check your work:
1. Create a test post.
2. You'll see your wording at the top of the box. If you want the wording to appear at the bottom of the post, write above it. If you want it to appear at the top, write below it.
4. Click on 'View Post' so that you can see what the finished product looks like. If you are unhappy with the way it looks, go back into the post and repeat the above steps until you get it looking exactly like you want it.
Sometimes what appears in the compose mode and preview is not always what shows up in the actual post. This is why it is important to check your work. It may take several attempts (and a big headache!) before you are completely satisfied. To be honest, you may never be completely satisfied with it. I have to make one minor change to my copyright paragraph before I publish it. Sure beats typing out the entire thing, though!
To remove the wording:
1. Go to your formatting section.
2. Delete the code that you put in the Post Template box. Save.
This will not remove the words from previous posts, but it will remove it from future posts.
How to Make a Copyright Symbol
Adding a Signature to Your Posts
Creating an Announcement