About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Modifying Photobucket Codes for Post Photos

Ranger Game

I used to use Photobucket for all of the photos on my personal blog. After I had used it a few times and became acclimated to it, I found it to be a big time saver.

My only problem with it was that when people clicked on my photos, they were directed to my Photobucket album. Not cool. I didn't want my readers to see everything in my PB account. Not that there was anything to hide, I just didn't want all of my family photos out there for the whole world to see.

I figured out that I could change my Photobucket account settings so that my photos would not automatically link back to my album. Here's how you can do the same thing:

1. Log into your Photobucket account.
2. Click on 'My Home' (at the very top)
3. Click on 'Account Settings'
4. Scroll down until you find this section (under Album Settings):
5. Uncheck the boxes labeled 'Images Link Back To Album' and 'Allow others to see image location'. While you're in there, go ahead and uncheck the other boxes that you didn't know where there that make you uncomfortable.

6. Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Save' when you're finished.

If you would like to keep your current Photobucket settings, you can manually remove the link back to your album for each photo. Here's how:

Click on any of the html code images below for a larger view. Use the back button to return back to this post.

1. Locate the html code for the photo that you would like to change.

2. Delete the link to your Photobucket album, along with the words target='blank'. Keep the quotation marks. Only delete the blue section above. DO NOT DELETE THE DIRECT LINK TO THE PHOTO (after src=), as this will delete the photo. Of course, your blue section will look differently because it will have your info in it. When your readers click on the photo, they will be taken back to the top of the post.

3. Sometimes, photos uploaded via PB can be slow to load on your blog. When this happens, you'll see the word Photobucket in the photo's place. You can change this word by deleting it from the html code and replacing it with whatever you'd like. You can even delete it entirely if you'd prefer there not be a word in the photos place while it is loading. Whatever you do, keep the quotation marks! I used to replace the word Photobucket with a description of the photo so that my readers would know what was in the photo that they were waiting on.

This is what the html code looks like for the photo at the top of this post:

Have fun!

Related Tips:
Image Enlargement
Mouseover Photos
Using Images From the Web
Moving Post Photos

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN  
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts. I work hard on my tips and wish for everything to remain on this blog. Want to share this tip with your readers? Feel free to link to this post: http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2010/11/modifying-photobucket-codes-for-post.html Thanks! :)

3 comments:

Brandy Cross said...

You're awesome <3 thanks!

Rhodes Creations said...

Thank you! This is just the information I needed! While I'm commenting, I'd like to ask you a question. Do you know why I'd be able to display a transparent image on my sidebar and not on the main post of my blog? You can go to my blog I'm working on to see what I mean, if you have time..Thanks again, Laura Rhodes

http://rhodeshousekitchencreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have followed all steps and my photobucket album is still linking back. I have even created a new photobucket ablum thinking my old one was the problem. I am trying to link my sidebar picture to a page url and instead it takes me back to photobucket.