About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

How To Move Gadgets- Beginner

I've touched on this tip before in How To Create an Announcement. I decided it deserved it's own post on this blog, as I want to make sure that everyone sees it. It's such an easy thing to do! I wish someone would have shared this trick with me when I first started blogging. Took me forever to figure it out, but once I did, it made customizing my blog so much easier!

How To Move A Gadget
1. Log in and go to your blog's homepage.

2. Go to your Page Elements page. You can get here by clicking on design in the upper right hand corner of your blog or by clicking on design below the title of your blog on your dashboard.





3. Create a new gadget or find the gadget that you want to move. Click on it and hold it while dragging it to where ever you want it to go. Release.


You can move gadgets from column to column. You can create a gadget in a sidebar, then move it to another section. You can put new gadgets between existing ones. I can move gadgets to the sections with purple lines in the screenshot below. If you would like to place a gadget where there isn't a purple line, go ahead and give it a shot! Every blog is different. What won't work on mine might work on yours.

Click on the image to enlarge.

If you have made changes to the html of your template, you may not be able to move a gadget to all of these places. You'll just have to try and see what happens!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts. I work hard on my tips and wish for everything to remain on this blog. Want to share this tip with your readers? Feel free to link to this post: http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-move-sidebar-gadgets-beginner.html Thanks! :)

0 comments: