About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Store Backgrounds For Free On Picasa

I stumbled upon this tip a couple of months ago. I modified it a little bit to get it to work for me. I have been using it ever since and have been surprised at how easy it is to store full-sized backgrounds on Picasa. Goodbye, Photobucket Pro!

Intimidated by Picasa? Don't be! If you don't think you have a Picasa account, you probably do and don't know it. Every time you post a photo/image on your blog using the Blogger upload photo tool it is stored in a Picasa web album. Who knew?

How To Store and Link to a Full-Sized image on Picasa

1. Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/home. If you are logged into your Blogger account, you'll be taken to your albums. If you are not logged in, please do so using your Blogger username and password (same info you use to log into your blog).

2. Upload your file by clicking on the gray upload button at the top. Create a new album or select an existing one. I have a separate album just for backgrounds so that I can easily find them.



3. Click on the blue button to select a background to upload from your computer. Once it is uploaded, click on OK down in the lower right hand corner. This will take you to the album where you can find the image.



4. Click on the uploaded image.

5. Click on "Link to this photo", located on the right side of the screen at the bottom of the sidebar. Click on images to enlarge.




6. Check the box beside "Image Only: No Link".

7. Copy the code directly below "Embed Image".

8. Paste it where you intend to install the background code on your blog. Change the s144 in the embed image code to s0 (zero). VERY IMPORTANT!

9. Preview and save!

If you see a striped pattern instead of your background on your blog, make sure that you completed step 8. I often forget to do this and panic every time before I realize how quick and easy it is to fix. :)

Related Posts:
Easy Background Installation
Move Your Background Code For Better Load Time
Create a Header With Picasa

Have you been helped by my tips?
Consider grabbing my button or adding this blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this tip with your readers?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts.
I work hard on my tips and and wish for everything to remain on this blog.
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

0 comments: