About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Link Within


Ever wonder how people get the "You might also like..." images/links below their posts? It's called "Link Within" and is SUPER EASY to add to your blog!

Why should you Link Within? Your readers are visiting your blog because they are interested in your content. Putting those links at the bottom will encourage them to check out more of your posts, which means that they will be viewing more pages and staying on your blog longer. Linking to your own posts is NEVER a bad thing!

Here's how to install the gadget:

1. Go to http://www.linkwithin.com/learn.

2. Fill in the information in the light blue/purple box and click on "Get Widget".

3. Follow the four easy steps on the next page. They're pretty self-explanatory.

That's it! Enjoy your new gadget!

Related Posts:
Rearrange Your Sidebar Items
How To Link To A Specific Post
Cool Stuff

Have you been helped by my tips?
Consider grabbing my button or adding this blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this tip with your readers?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN 
Please do not copy and paste my words and images into your own posts.
I work hard on my tips and and wish for everything to remain on this blog. 
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

13 comments:

Bonnie Zieman said...

Thanks for the heads up Jill and congrats on 1500 devoted followers!!!

To The Moon and Back said...

Hi Sneaky Momma, I was hoping you could help me, again. I'm wanting to add a page to my blog with my "Blogroll" so I can eliminate all that clutter from my main page.  I'm using the blog buttons provided by each blog I follow. How can I resize those blog buttons so they all look uniform on my blogroll page?

Sam said...

That really was wicked easy - thank you!

Malia said...

thanks!! i've been wondering how to do that!

http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Ever since I added this widget, it seems as if some people have not been able to comment on my blog posts. One of my friends tried to comment on several different posts and from several different computers/systems (to see if the problem was on his end) and wasn't able to.
Any ideas as to what may have happened? Do I need to remove the widget? I hope not, I like it...
My blog is at http://rimor-vita.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Sam! I was able to leave a comment on your blog with no problems. I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Some people could comment, some couldn't. It wasn't anything that I had done, just a Blogger glitch. The problem resolved itself in a month or so and I haven't had trouble since (crossing fingers!). I heard from someone else today that they were having the same exact problem. Hope that your issue is resolved soon!

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for this simple instruction. I Googled how to do this today, which led me hear, and like five minutes later I had it added to my blog! I'm so happy!! I'm at http://showmecrafting.blogspot.com/ in case you want to see for yourself! (But, to be honest, it looks like everyone else's "You might also like" widget. I just want to show it off! heheh)

Kristin@ A Vintage Fairy said...

Thank you thank you. found you from a google search! And you helped me in 1 minute! Will definitely be back to see more of your tips!

Poppy said...

Hi Jill,

Please help! I have installed the 'you might also like' widget at least 5 times already but the text DOESN'T APPEAR underneath the thumbnail!!! What could I possibly be doing wrong since it's sooooooooo straightforward!! I must tell you that before my last post I failed to notice that there was actually a place on the New Post page in the template to add a proper title. I was titling my posts within the text area. Do you think this has anything to do with it? Today after I posted correctly (i.e., the title in the right place in the template)I tried to install it again, but no luck.

YOUR BLOG IS TRULY AMAZING!! Just discovered it in a google search for this problem.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Poppy

The Ranch Kitchen said...

You're fantastic! Thanks for helping us all out! Got it done on my blog now!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Glad you got it to work, Ranch Kitchen! :)
Poppy: My suggestion is to write a few posts on a test blog, putting titles in the proper places, then install the gadget. If it works, then you'll know that the titles are the problem. Have you tried editing several old posts by putting the title in the title field? Perhaps that would help???? :)

MAKEUP OBSESSED MOM said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe I just did this by myself! I love your tips and will be visiting often! Stacie
http://www.makeupobsessedmom.com

julie said...

Thanks for your tip. That was so easy! Enjoying browsing your site.

Julie
http://searchingforsesamestreet.blogspot.com/#