How To Create A Link List
1. Decide upon the purpose for your link list. Here are some items that you may want to group together:
- individual blog posts from your blog or the blogs of others
- labels (perhaps you only want to show one or two labels instead of all of them)
- favorite blogs or websites
- your contact information (email address, facebook profile, twitter profile, etc.)
3. Go to your page elements page and click on Add A Gadget. Scroll down and select Link List:
4. Fill in the information in the box that pops up:
a. Give a title for the gadget, if desired. This will appear above the link list in your sidebar.
b. I never write anything in this box and suggest that you do the same. :)
c. Select a sorting option, if desired.
d. Type in the url for one of your links.
e. Type in what you would like for your readers to click on to be taken to that url.
f. Click on ADD LINK.
g. Repeat steps d-f for every link that you want to add. Once all of your links have been added, click on SAVE.
5. Move the gadget if you desire to do so. When you create a new gadget, it always appears at the very top of the section you created it in. For help with moving gadgets, click here.
If you chose not to sort the links, you may wish to rearrange them. To do this, click to edit the gadget from your page elements page or the wrench and screwdriver below the link list on your home page. Click on the up and down arrows beside the links to put them in a different order. Once you have everything the way you want it, click on SAVE.
Link, link, link away! :)
Linking to a single post
Linking to an email address
Linking to a label
Rearranging the gadgets in your sidebar
or adding my blog to your bloglist!