About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Linking to A Label - Beginner

Did you know that you can link to a label? Getting the url (web address) to a label is a fairly simple task. Why would you want to do this? Perhaps you'd like to link to all of your reviews from your navigation bar, like on Modern Day Lucy. Or maybe you'd just like to direct your readers to all of your recipes with a certain label. Every label has a url and can be linked to. Here's how:

1. If you have not already installed a labels gadget in your sidebar, you'll need to do so. Go to design-->add a gadget-->labels. Don't worry. You can remove this gadget once you've got the url for the label that you want.

2. Right click on the label that you want to link to. Select 'Copy Link Location' or 'Copy Shortcut'.

3. Create a link on your blog where ever you want to link to the label. Paste the url of the label that you copied in step 2 in the Enter URL box and save. Click here for help with links in a post.

4. Remove your labels gadget (if desired).

That's it! Label and link away!

Have you been helped by my tips?
Consider grabbing my button or adding this blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this tip with your readers?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my content onto your blog.
I work hard on my tips and and wish for everything to remain here.
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

9 comments:

Catherine said...

I have posted your button on my site. I am a new blogger and this world is crazy foreign to me! I do love you site, it has been very helpful.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Thank you, Catherine! Welcome to the blogging world! Have you checked out this post about showing your email address in your profile? It makes replying to comments so much easier! :)
http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2009/04/benefits-of-showing-your-email-in-your.html

Annika said...

Oh wow, how did you know that I had just started wondering about how to do this?! Thanks! :o)

undomestic chica said...

For some reason, I cannot get this to work the way I would like it to! I'd like it to work mucvh like the example you gave above. I can only get it to work if I put a link within the paqe that says something like "Click here for all posts in ____ feature." I'd like the posts to show up automatically without even needing to put any text in first. Even better, I'd like them to link to images like on http://hellomisschelsea.blogspot.com/
Any insight you have would be much appreciated!

-Lindsay
UndomesticChica.blogspot.com

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Annika! Glad the tip came along at the right time!
Lindsay: Please put a link to your label on your blog somewhere, then tell me where you put it so that I can find it. :)

undomestic chica said...

My label is on the right sidebar where it says "Mama Says", "Lindsay Loves" and Current Obsession," I've made buttons for each of those labels and would like the button to link to the pages instead of those links.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm not sure I understand. You can link to a single page by getting the url for it. http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2010/07/linking-to-specific-post.html
If you're wanting a button to link to a label, you'll need to install it as an html gadget or picture, highlight the image and click on the link button. Enter in the url to your page or label and you should be good to go! :)

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

Thanks for the post! Just what I needed and it worked perfectly!

Rebecca said...

Thanks! I just used this to create an image link in my sidebar to my new Fantastic Florals series.

Sapere aude,
Rebecca at cheesydaisies.blogspot.com