About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Returning to Blogger's Old Interface

Have you checked out the new Blogger interface? A couple of weeks ago, I took the plunge and was quite surprised at how different everything looks. Clean, simple....yet I could not find anything at first glance. After poking around a bit, I was able to locate a lot of things, but ugh, what a hassle. I decided that the new interface was not for me (not yet, anyway) and was able to return back to the old interface quite easily.

Well......

Yesterday I was working on a blog that has the new interface. When I logged back into my account, I was shocked to see the new interface peeking up at me. No biggie, I thought, I'll just switch back to the old interface by clicking on the same link I clicked on last time. So, I looked up at the top of my dashboard and *gasp* IT WAS NOT THERE! Instead there was a little box that I could check that said I could make Blogger in Draft my default. Um, no thanks. So I clicked on it, assuming that it would take me back to my old familiar dashboard, but it didn't. After several tries, I finally figured out how to switch back to the old interface. I had to uncheck the box, then leave feedback. Apparently, the feedback step is very important. I wish I had a couple of pictures to show you, but there's no way I'm switching over to get them for fear that I will not be able to come back!

Have you made the switch to the new interface? Do you like it better? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Have you been helped by my tips?
Consider grabbing my button
or adding my blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this specific tip with others?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my content onto your blog.
I work hard on my tips and want everything to stay here.
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

19 comments:

Bonnie said...

I switched over a while back and tried to stick with it for several days - but it seemed to make posting take longer and was definitely not enjoyable. I have switched back too Jill and am happy with the old blogger interface too. Sometimes we just need to leave good-enough alone!

Sallie said...

I made the switch, and I really like the new Blogger. It took a little while to get used to it, but now I find it easy to navigate. I like the new clean, updated look.

Pink Princess said...

I made the switch as soon as it was available here (months ago) and never went back. I like it a lot, it took a few minutes to get *the hang of it* and now like it a lot...still :)It is easy to navigate, I like the clean, uncluttered look. And it has an easy overview. So for me it is a keeper :)

Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said...

I switched and forced myself to do it. I figured it would be like it was the first few times I was in blogger as a newbie. I've figured out all the ins and outs now and haven't had any serious concerns. I can't do a couple small things - at least I haven't figure them out yet - but otherwise it's good!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

Etcetorize said...

I also forced myself to switch. I figure that it's only a matter of time before they make all of us do it so I decided to get used to it before I had no choice. I don't mind it now but I still can't get preview mode to work. I had hoped that this might help but no luck~

SharonB said...

I made the awhile ago also and love it. Like anything new it just takes some time to learn it! ;)

Rhiannon said...

i have yet to do it, but i hear it helps when you want to leave comments on peoples blog that doesnt have the pop out thing

Hannah said...

I switched and like it a lot better than the old one. I LOVE the new clean look.

Smart Cents Review said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. (I found you by googling "blog tips" lol.)

I am pretty new at blogging, so when I noticed the option to switch over to the new interface, I decided that I should do it before I got too cozy with the old one. I used it for a good month... maybe longer, but recently, I have been giving my blog a much needed face-lift. When I went out searching for tips and tricks to make my blog design better, I noticed that most of the tutorials were for the old interface. I finally broke down and switched back about an hour ago! LOL

I am working on a second blog that has links to helpful blogs and such. I haven't exactly gone "public" with it yet, but I am going to grab your button and include it on my "Blog Accessories" page. http://moresmartcentsreview.blogspot.com/
My main blog is http://smartcentsreview.blogspot.com/

I look forward to reading more of your design tips!

Nancy said...

I did not like like the new interface and quickly came back.

Kelley said...

I checked it out for MAYbe thirty minutes.

I do fear, however, that blogger will force us all eventually to make the permanent switch.

Appreciate your tips. IMMENSEly.

Slightly Bonkers said...

Hi there, as I was pretty new to the blogging world anyway I tried out the new interface immediately once it popped up and I love it :)
You have a great site - I am already promoting it :)

http://slightlybonkers.hubpages.com

The Brown Recluse said...

I didn't like the new interface, either. However, according to Blogger Buzz of Oct. 17, in about two weeks we'll all be upgraded with the option to switch back temporarily. Eventually, we'll all be drug over, some of us kickin' and screamin'

Mimi said...

I switched over for abut half a day and switched back. It just didn't seem to "flow" for me and was cumbersome. I am sure they will improve on this and get it right
Thanks for all your help and tips!

rebeca trevino said...

hi what a great blog! i just became your 1560th follower!

i tried the new interface and switched back, deciding to wait till all the 'bugs' were worked out.

do you know if blogger will 'make' everyone switch to the new interface?
thanks

Previous said...

I also got the temptation of trying the new interface but when i switched to it i was not pleased with the way how it looked.

It is not user-friendly. I had to rush back to the old interface but i couldn't manage. Its pissing me off.

I wish i had never attempted the new interface. I think i am not yet ready for it.

Linda w said...

I took a look at it and it was dislike at first sight. I'm hoping they won't make us switch to it. Love the tips, already have you in my sidebar, and often send people over here if they say they don't know how to do something. Hugs lin

Bernard said...

I can't switch back. damn!

MissJay said...

I have tried switching back and it is impossible. I have done all I can. It seems they detected everyone was switching back and decided to block it. I hate the new interface. ugghhh!!!!

http://anonyme-missjay.blogspot.com/