About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Goodbye, Google Friend Connect!

Do you have a Google Friend Connect gadget on your blog? On March 1, this gadget will be retired from non-Blogger blogs.

According to the announcement, Blogger (Blogspot) blogs will not be affected. If you have a non-Blogger blog (TypePad, WordPress, etc.), I highly recommend encouraging your GFC followers to follow your blog in another way, such as:

  • in a reader via RSS feed
  • subscribe by email
  • through your facebook page
  • through a Google + page
Even if you do have a Blogger blog, it's not a bad idea to encourage your readers to subscribe to your blog in another manner. Creating more avenues for readers to stay informed of new blog posts is never a bad thing!

Do you have more information about the GFC issue? If so, please share in a comment below! :)

Related Posts:
Building a Friendly Following
Show Your Email in Your Profile
How To Block a Follower

Have you been helped by my tips?
Please consider grabbing my button
or adding my blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this specific tip with others?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my content onto your blog.
I work hard on my tips and want everything to stay here.
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

9 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these tutorials!
Very much appreciated!

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

angel said...

Check out Networked Blogs. Works very similar to the way Google Connect did. I have both, so that worked. I think most people joined both...which is good for me.

Something to consider.

paganheart29 said...

Hello, Blessings to you from Ireland,

I found your blog most helpful, I am failry new to blogging. I wanted to ask you a question,I have been blogging for about 8 months now, and today when I went to put up a new post, the little bar at the top, which helps you load, pics, videos or center writing has very little options, do you know why this might be. All my blog posts, had a long bar with more options, like adding video and centering, etc..now I cannot even title my pictures or center them. This only comes up when I am posting.

Here is my blog: paganheart29.blogspot.com

Thanks for any help.
Ash

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hello, Ash! In the upper right corner of the post editor are two tabs: compose and edit html. Compose mode gives you a lot of editing options, while edit html mode does not give you as many. My guess is that you are in edit html mode. Just click on the compose tab and the editing options should return. :)

juicekodai said...

it has affected my blogger/blogspot blog.. I dont know why.. i checked my GFC acount and it says that GFC has discontinued their service, yet its still working in my other blog..

juicekodai

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Juicekodai: That stinks! I took a look at your blogs. I noticed that the blog with the problem has a custom template. My suggestion is to switch back to a basic blogger template and see if the problem still persists. Also, try posting/searching for your problem on the Blogger Help Group Forum. http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!forum/blogger Hope things return back to normal soon! :(

anusuyaw3solutions said...

I have read this post. collection of post is a nice one ..that am doing website designing company chennai india and website development company chennai india. That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future posts..

Gayle said...

just cast a vote for you!!