About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Making The Switch

Thanks to all of you who gave input on my last post regarding the new Blogger interface. You guys gave me the push I needed to make the switch! If you have not switched over yet, and are leery about doing so, take a moment and read through the comments on this post. You'll be able to read about the advantages and disadvantages of switching as well as problems that others have had since making the switch.

Before switching, I gave myself a pep talk. There's no use fighting the inevitable. Better to have an open mind and more importantly, a good attitude. I set aside an hour to play around a bit and familiarize myself with the new interface. Turns out, it isn't so bad! I love the design, which is sleek and modern. It was inconvenient to find my way around a new dashboard and post editor at first, but after a week of working with them, I'm pretty comfortable. Dare I say it...I like the changes!

I've started writing a series of beginner tips on finding one's way around the new interface. Is there anything in particular that you're having problems with or would like to see featured? If so, please let me know in a comment below! :)

15 comments:

Mari said...

I would be thrilled if you did some posts on this. I'm back to the old interface because I can't get to my dashboard and find my drafts. :)
PS - My header seems to be visible to all now, including me.

Linda w said...

It may have only been stupidity at work, but I was unable to find out how to access my sidebar, to add or move anything about. Will look forward to seeing your tips in the future.....and thanks for the time you will have to put into this for us. Hugs lin

Mommy Named Meg said...

My blog is private, and with new interface I can't figure out how to get to the permissions section I used to use to invite people to read my blog.

Mommy Named Meg said...

Oh as it turns out it just took a few more minutes of poking around. I've figured it out. All you need to do is look under basic settings. I think I was looking for the word "permissions" a bit too much.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Mari- I'm glad that your header came back! I've noticed that things are sluggish for an hour or two after the switch. The dashboard is there, it just looks differently. :)
Linda- Took me awhile to find that, too. Go to your blog. Click on design in the upper right hand corner. Then click on layout on the left. :)
Meg- Glad you found it! :)

Janet said...

My members with Google Friend Connect keep disappearing and then reappearing. I don't have that many members, so this is very annoying to me.

avisannschild said...

What I can't figure out how to do is add photos that are next to each other and centered without any spaces between them (like this). Thank you!

I hate the new interface, but I presume I'll get used to it.

My name is Amee said...

Okay..I have a question..how do I get back to the old interface? I have searched & searched!
Also is it eventually switching to the new interface?
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Amee! Try this: http://www.sneakymommablogdesign.com/2011/10/returning-to-bloggers-old-interface.html. If it doesn't work, it possible that Blogger has made it so that you can't switch back. We've been told by Blogger that they are moving everyone to the new interface in April. http://www.sneakymommablogdesign.com/2012/04/big-thanks-and-new-blogger-interface.html :)

Debra Howard said...

I knew you could do it! Way to go. It looks great as always. It won't be long and you will be an expert at the new interface. Lots of new options with it.
Debbie

Kim K. said...

http://kenward.blogspot.com/2012/04/bloggers-new-interface6-tips.html

I actually posted some tips today. Best wishes with the switch.

Anna at In The Next 30 Days said...

I just for your blog and I'm so excited to put it to good use. Thank you so much for putting this together!

I do have one question . . . I want to include a subscribe by e-mail icon with my other social media icons, but I can't figure out how to implement this. I see you've been able to figure this out (I have the ugly blogger wigit), so do you mind sharing your secrets? (http://www.inthenext30days.net/)

Thanks again!
Anna

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Anna! Glad that my tips have been helpful to you! Here's how I made the icon: I copied my subscribe by email link from feedburner, then I linked it to an icon I found on Photobucket. Hope that helps! :)

Anna at In The Next 30 Days said...

Thanks, Jill! You've made my day. :)

myletterstoemily said...

i'm looking forward to your tips.
my blog was switched over, and
it is taking me a little getting
used to this.