About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

How To Put A Button In A Post


Easy Blog Tips!

Thanks to all of you who completed the survey from last week! I've enjoyed going over your responses. If you have not yet taken the survey, please take a moment to do so. It's quick and painless, I promise! Click here to take the survey. :)

I've received lots of requests lately for a tip on how to make a button show up in a post. Why would one want to do that, you ask? Well, you might want to participate in a meme or blog party that requires you to do so. You might want to put a button in a post featuring another blog. You might want to create a blog roll post that displays the buttons of many blogs. Whatever your reason, this tip will show you how to display buttons as well as other images with html codes in a post. It's a pretty easy thing to do!

1. Copy the button code. Be sure to get all of it!

Easy Blog Tips!

2. Open/create the post that you wish to put the button in. Click on the HTML box above the post section.

3. Position your cursor where you would like the button to be displayed and paste the code in.

4. Click on Preview (at the top near Publish, Save, and Close) to see the button. If the button is there, YAY! If not, you'll need to go back, delete the code, and try again. Go super slow and be sure to get the entire code from the grab box.

5. Once your button looks the way you like it, click on Compose (next to HTML) and finish the post. Of course, you do not have to click on Compose. Many people prefer to write in HTML mode.

I prefer that the buttons in my posts be centered and on their own lines (like the one at the top of this post). To get them to look like this, I put centering tags around the code while in HTML mode (if they are not already written into the code). Then I preview. If I need a space above or below the button, I go back and add a line break (underlined in blue below). Here's what the top of this post looks like in HTML mode. Click on the image to enlarge.

I like to display buttons at the top of my posts instead of in the middle or bottom. That way, I don't have to worry about messing up anything in the post. I also install my buttons before writing any text. I get the button the way I like it, then I build my content around it. :)

Related Posts:
Create A Grab Box For Your Button
How To Center Buttons And Other HTML Images
Format Buttons To Sit Side-By-Side


Have you been helped by my tips?
Consider sharing them with your readers by grabbing my button or adding my blog to your bloglist!

Want to share this specific tip with others?
I would be honored for you to link back to this post!

ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Please do not copy and paste my content onto your blog.
I work hard on my tips and want everything to stay here.
Thank you for your cooperation! :)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

How do you get the HTML box, under the button? In case I want to allow people to grab my button and share on their site?

Thanks so much!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hi Lindsay! Try this: http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2009/01/advanced-blog-tip-sharing-your-button.html

Lindsay said...

You are awesome. Thank You!

. said...

You have been so helpful! THanks so much! :)

john wood said...

Thanks for sharing nice info to create a button. I like it.
Survey Templates