About   All Tips   Tips by Category   Tips by Ability   Help!

Adjusting Widths on Your Blog (New Templates)


Adjusting the widths on your blog used to involve quite a bit of template tweaking. Not anymore! The widths on the new templates are SO easy to adjust with easy previewing and no risk to your template. Here's how to do it:

1. Visit your blog. Click on design in the top right corner.


2. Click on Customize (below the picture of your blog).


3. Click on Adjust widths.



4. Slide the little rectangle back and forth for each section that you want to change. Keep an eye on the preview and click on Apply to Blog (orange button in top right corner) when your blog looks the way you want it to.



5. Take a look at your blog to make sure that the changes look the way you want them to. If you need to fix something, just go back and repeat the above steps. :)

Related posts:
Spacing in Sidebars
Sidebars: Align Your Buttons!
How to Install a Background (EASY!)

Have you been helped by my tips? Consider sharing them with your readers by adding Sneaky Momma Blog Design to your blog list or by grabbing a button to display in your sidebar! 
 
ALL CONTENT © SNEAKY MOMMA BLOG DESIGN
Want to share this tip with others? I would be honored for you to do so by linking back to this post. Please do not copy and paste my words and images onto your blog/website. I work hard on my tips and want everything to remain here. Thank you for your cooperation! :)

4 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I discovered that feature a couple of months ago and have to say that I love it. Now my columns are adjusted so that when I need to show a large picture, it looks just fine. I'm sure many bloggers will find this post helpful. Thank you!

Terrie HearthandWhimsy said...

I've tried using this feature before but when I get it the width that I want then my header is not centered. I'm not sure how to go about fixing that issue...

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Dora: Glad you've been able to use this feature! It's SO much easier! :)

Terrie: To center your header, Go to Customize > Advanced > Add CSS and copy/paste in this code:

.header-outer {
margin-left:85px;
}

Adjust the number 85 until it looks right. Lower numbers should scoot your header to the left, while larger numbers will move it to the right.

I will be posting this tip with images next week, so hang tight you need a little extra help. :)

the cape on the corner said...

i finally got this to work, initially it was saying it wouldn't work with my template, so i changed it. the previous commenter shares my problem with the centered header, so can't wait to actually see it in your post. that is so super helpful, thank you SO much!